Country: United Kingdom
Facebook’s bug bounty program is seeking a skilled and motivated security analyst to help us secure close to 3 billion usersYou will be responsible for communicating with and validating security vulnerabilities from a community of security researchers around the globe. You will gain insights of Meta’s codebase to understand the root cause of each vulnerability, and have the opportunity to play a key role in one of the largest bug bounty programs in the world.
Security Analyst, Whitehat Responsibilities:
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various security vulnerabilities we receive as part of our Whitehat program.
- Follow up with researchers on unclear reports.
- Understand the root cause of security vulnerabilities to help the product team fix them.
- Play an active role in continuing to grow and develop the bug bounty program and other internal security and privacy initiatives.
- Own expansions to the program, including private programs.
- Own critical submissions to resolution – liaise a plan with product teams, advise on the right mitigation strategy.
- Implement bug fixes and feature enhancements to the program’s public and internal code base.
- Familiarity with web security issues (e.g. OWASP top 10).
- Ability to follow bug reports, reproduce and triage them.
- Good communication skills.
- Participation in bug bounty programs (not necessarily Facebook’s bug bounty program).
- 2+ years of experience analyzing source code to find security vulnerabilities.
- Contributions to the security community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc).
- Experience writing in scripting languages and willingness to learn new languages.