The world we live in faces ever-changing societal, environmental and economic challenges, which are felt regionally, nationally and also globally. UKBlackTech supports, promotes, represents and encourages the continued growth of diverse innovators and tech innovation across the UK. We work with institutions, industry, local businesses and communities to solve these challenges. To build a great tech eco-system we need to see equity, transparency and representation at the cutting edge of tech.
Solving the world’s biggest problems through REPRESENTATION. Greater representation leads to better INNOVATION which produces global TRANSFORMATION for a fast-changing world.
professionals attended our last innovation showcase
UKBT organised a Sickle Cell Hackathon with doctors, data scientist, patients and web developers at The Design Museum.
of our community identifies as women
We collaborate with Hertfordshire University Computer Science Dept.
of our audience is under 25
Our co-founder is awarded an MBE for services to Education, Tech & Diversity.
combined reach across our platform
Culture Trip x UKBT: Mock Interviews for University Graduates
Digital courses created with Tech Mums, Future Learn, and Leeds University
The 100 Year Plan
What we do know is that actions from 100 years ago have changed the landscape of our world beyond recognition – and that’s exactly our intention with the 100 year plan for UKBlackTech. That in 100 years time, the world should NOT be the same, that the difference made was by design rather than default.
The 5 Plllars of our 100 Year Plan:
- Launched in Bloomberg
- Launched 50 free stock photos for the industry
- Partnered with PwC to travel around the UK to support local communities in tech
- Won the Diversity Champions Award 2018
- UKBT (Tech) teamed up with AFBE-UK (Engineering) to profile 10 inventors in their field
- Hosted a Sickle Cell Hackathon at The Design Museum with Doctors & Data Scientists
- Collaborated with Future Learn, Tech Mums & Leeds Uni to design 15 digital courses
- Won the London Business Awards 2019
- Supported 2 orgs with their Apprenticeship Level 6 and Level 7 courses
- Boroughs (Lambeth, Lewisham, Wandsworth and Southwark) around digital skills and upskilling digital businesses
- Collaborated with TLA, GLA & London Tech Week to launch London Borough Day
- Partnered with Microsoft & PwC to explore solutions around COVID19
By 2025 UKBT will be a Science Park with 2 locations in London and Midlands that has a membership of over 500–1000 clients (R&D, Institutions, Organisations, Businesses and Entrepreneurs) to access knowledge, insights and research.
Support homegrown talent to navigate, access and open opportunities within the industry.
Produce 3 white papers and recommendations for tech sector by 2023: Future of Work, Smart Cities and Post Pandemic Recovery.
Support tech specialist and entrepreneurial minded people/businesses to learn from each other through our Knowledge Innovation Transfer Network (KTIN).
Explore our collection of diverse images, free to use in your next project.
The UKBT team is made up of eleven tech professionals from diverse backgrounds leading different parts of the organisation. UKBT is led by Mark Martin MBE, one of the most prominent figures in education and the tech sector.
Our expertise and insight in tech and digital businesses is second to none. Between us we have won numerous awards and have been acknowledged by the UK government for our impact on the UK tech sector.
We provide a range of boutique services to organisations and businesses, from events and workshops through to promotion and networking. How can we help you?