Country: United Kingdom
The Autonomous Infrastructure Management team builds and operates a maintenance orchestration system for Meta’s server fleet. We build a maintenance system for one of the largest fleets of computers in the world. There are hundreds of constraints to take into account when orchestrating ongoing maintenance of hundreds of thousands machines per day, and there are tens of systems to integrate with.We are looking for a seasoned engineering manager to support the software engineering team of 10 engineers as part of a bigger team of 20 engineers and partner closely with the rest of the Infra organisation, located mostly in London and Dublin.
Software Engineering Manager, Infrastructure, London Responsibilities:
- Leadership: Provide guidance and support to team members, set clear goals and priorities. Ensure that the team is working effectively towards achieving those goals.
- Alignment with the org: Communicate effectively with partners, stakeholders, and other teams within the organization to ensure that expectations and priorities are aligned.
- Performance management: Conduct performance evaluations, provide feedback, and manage performance improvement plans for team members.
- Problem-solving: Identify and resolve complex issues and challenges, and work with team members to develop solutions.
- Recruitment: Participate in the recruitment process, including interviewing candidates and making hiring decisions.
- Strategic thinking: Think strategically and make data-driven decisions to drive the success of the team and the organization.
- Proven track record of supporting technical teams
- Strong problem solving skills and background in coding
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical teams
- Knowledge of growing teams and/or organisations
- Experience supporting product engineering teams
- BS / MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience)
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.