Country: United Kingdom
Reality Labs at Meta is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most, enjoy top-notch, wire-free VR, and push the future of computing platforms. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software and content.As an OS Frameworks Engineer on the Reality Labs team at Meta, you can help build new, innovative hardware and software that radically redefine the way people work, play and connect. What we build today could one day be the norm. So to be here today is to truly be at the heart of change and the frontier of what’s to come. We’re the people helping to define the metaverse. We may not have all the answers. But together, we’re getting closer.
Software Engineer, OS Frameworks (Android) – Reality Labs Responsibilities:
- Lead and set direction in how Meta Reality Labs develops its future capabilities to deliver best-in-class VR devices.
- Develop APIs in the system-level framework layer that allow other layers of the stack to implement compelling and performant use cases.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of partners, product managers and engineers to build an end-to-end solution.
- Work with Application and Platform teams to debug functional, performance and stability issues across the stack.
- Build on OS internals. Set technical direction for significant improvements.
- Uplift coding and design skills on the team through reviews and introduction of best practices. Model behaviors through clean readable code, upfront debug-ability and testability when implementing complex components.
- Work closely with product management, application software engineers and partners to understand requirements, specify interfaces for new software frameworks, and enhance existing frameworks.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for the team.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar field
- Experience with Android (preferred), macOS, or Windows internals or frameworks services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of Software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in developing any of the following: Desktop applications, Operating Systems, AOSP, Identity, Device management on iOS/Android, Device Security, Android Enterprise
- Experience with coding in both C++ and Java
- Extensive experience with any of the following: Android internals, AOSP, Android SDK, Android NDK, Android JNI, Android IPC mechanisms, Linux OS development
- Experience developing software for Mobile platforms (Android/iOS)
- Experience with Android performance tools and security models
- Experience with Android UI frameworks and services
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.