Country: United Kingdom
Meta Security team builds large-scale infrastructure, systems, and products to prevent, detect and respond to security threats at Meta. We work on things with company-wide impact across all of our products’ surfaces and are responsible for protecting the data of millions of users.We are looking for a ML Engineer to build a machine learning program within detection and response organization and apply machine learning and generative technologies to solve security problems at the large scale. You’ll work alongside Software Engineers to research, prototype, evaluate and deliver ML based solutions, algorithms and products to production to help Meta security team to detect and respond to the potential attacks against Meta systems.Meta is embarking on the most transformative change to its business and technology in company history, and our Machine Learning Engineers are at the forefront of this evolution. By leading crucial projects and initiatives that have never been done before, you have an opportunity to help us advance the way people connect around the world. The ideal candidate will have industry experience working on a range of recommendation, classification, and optimization problems. You will bring the ability to own the whole ML life cycle, define projects and drive excellence across teams. You will work alongside the world’s leading engineers and researchers to solve some of the most exciting and massive social data and prediction problems that exist on the web.
Software Engineer, Machine Learning – Security Responsibilities:
- Play a critical role in setting the direction and goals for a sizable team, in terms of project impact, ML system design, and ML excellence
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- Re-evaluate the trade-offs of already shipped features/ML systems, and you are able to drive large efforts across multiple teams to reduce technical debt, designing from first principles when appropriate
- Leading a team from a technical perspective to develop ML best practices and influence engineering culture
- Be a go-to person to escalate the most complex online/production performance and evaluation issues, that require an in-depth knowledge of how the machine learning system interacts with systems around it
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team to deploy ML applications to production
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering, or a relevant field or 4+ years of experience if you have a PhD
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining, artificial intelligence, or related technical field
- Experience with developing machine learning models at scale from inception to business impact
- Knowledge developing and debugging in C/C++ or Java, or experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, PHP, and/or shell scripts
- Track record of setting technical direction for a team, driving consensus and successful cross-functional partnerships
- Experience demonstrating technical leadership working with teams, owning projects, defining and setting technical direction for projects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large scale software applications
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.