Country: United Kingdom
The WhatsApp Media team empowers people to privately share everyday moments through rich media on WhatsApp. Everyday we are trusted by people to share photos, videos, files and stickers on WhatsApp.As a Mobile Software Engineer, you will specialize in building elegant products on world-class technologies that bring our sharing experiences to hundreds of millions of people, anytime and anywhere.
Software Engineer (iOS) Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our product and design teams to build new and innovative application experiences for the iOS platform
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques
- Build reusable iOS software components for interfacing with our back-end platforms
- Seek out ways to improve the components or systems you work on to facilitate easier development of new features.
- Analyze and optimize UI and infrastructure application code for quality, efficiency, and performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques
- Experience with multithreading programming and mobile memory management
- Experience playing a critical role in the product engineering plan, including product definition, scoping, identifying risk, prioritization, rollout and launch.
- Ability to quickly build expertise and confidence in a complex codebase and experience of driving technically complex changes successfully.
- Strong communicator with ability to clearly explain technical problems with data and analyses
- Experience with photo, video, stickers related libraries on iOS.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.