Country: United Kingdom
Meta is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the Software Engineering (Infrastructure) team. The Software Engineering (Infrastructure) team builds large distributed components that run Facebook. Our code serves millions of requests per second and it does so with sub-second latency and in a fault tolerant manner. We handle everything from Facebook scale data storage, to synchronization and coordination of large server clusters, to providing a runtime environment for front end Facebook code. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
Software Engineer, Infrastructure Responsibilities:
- Design core, backend software components
- Code using primarily C/C++, Java, PHP and Hack
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Establish self as an owner of a particular component, feature or system with expert end-to-end understanding
- Successfully completes projects at large scope while maintaining a consistent high level of productivity
- Programming experience in either C, C++, Java, C# or other relevant coding languages
- Experience building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar experience
- Experience designing and completing medium to large features independently without guidance
- Experience identifying and driving changes to applications as needed
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent industry experience)
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.