Senior Product Manager
Salary: £50k – £90k depending on experience
Location: UK / Remote with office space available in London & Bristol. We recognise that people do their best work in all sorts of different environments so you have the choice to do what works for you.
At the moment we are only able to accept candidates based in the UK.
Who are we?
Tumelo builds technology to make stewardship more impactful. We aim to make changes to the investor voting system that will enable shareholders to have a voice on the issues they care about – something we believe is a critical factor in achieving true shareholder democracy.
We’re a global fintech that’s set on changing the landscape of shareholder democracy, winning awards for our innovative technology and amazing people, and attracting investment from major names in the industry.
We’re also incredibly passionate about Tumelo’s culture and ways of working. We have an amazing team who care deeply about our mission. We value team well-being and strive to build a safe, healthy environment where people can bring their whole selves to work.
To find out more head to https://www.tumelo.com/we-are-hiring
What the team say
“People actively help each other and make time for it. Every week I’ve learnt something new. Flexibility is respected.”
“Everyone here is treated as a valuable member of the team and no good deed goes unnoticed. I feel appreciated and respected constantly. The culture is full of fun and the people are all fab.”
“Everybody is so passionate about what they do, which is great for motivating each other. Our ideas are heard and encouraged. There is such trust and support all throughout the business and everyone is always eager to help”.
“Great culture, flexibility, good work/life balance, a worthwhile job and amazing colleagues”.
We’re looking for an experienced and skilled Senior Product Manager to join the team and take full ownership of our key product: institutional voting. This is our most innovative and important product, which sits at the core of our company mission. Institutional investors managing £billions will use the platform to influence how the companies in which they invest are being run, across key global topics such as the climate, human rights and executive renumeration.
We’re looking for experience owning and executing strategy and vision for a crucial product area. Tumelo offers unparalleled empowerment: you will be in the driving seat, owning the direction of travel for your product, tackling difficult problems and contributing directly to our success. You will identify and evaluate growth opportunities and hypotheses through quantitative and qualitative research. You will lead a fully cross-functional squad to execute at pace and deliver measurable value.
As part of a small, nimble team, you will gain experience across the business. You will work with Marketing colleagues to produce go-to-market strategies, support Sales by pitching to potential clients, and manage important clients alongside our Customer Success team.
It’s a great time to join the team; our product is at a nascent stage, it’s truly innovative with potential to disrupt a global industry, and is gaining traction fast. At Tumelo you can have a huge impact on the significant growth we will achieve over the next 12 months and beyond.
Over the next 12 months you will…
- Define the vision and strategy for your product, delivering against our overarching product and company strategies
- Take full ownership of all aspects of your product, from how it works, how it looks, to how it appears in the press or marketing material
- Own all aspects of the product development lifecycle, from discovery to execution to optimisation to measurement
- Work with your design colleagues to understand the needs of the different customer personas, designing and testing solutions accordingly
- Work with other leadership and data colleagues to understand performance and spot growth opportunities
- Build, communicate, and execute against your product roadmap, ensuring we’re always focusing on the most impactful thing
- Motivate a brilliant, talented team to do the best work of their careers
- You have 5+ years experience developing and launching successful products
- You have defined product vision and strategy and measured progress against it
- You’re a strong leader and collaborator, managing stakeholders and leading a high-performing cross-functional product squad
- You make smart, well informed decisions and can communicate reasons clearly and persuasively, with supporting evidence and research
- You’re able to balance user experience, business value, technical feasibility and prioritise limited time and resource effectively
- You’re comfortable coordinating large scale projects, particularly B2B projects requiring you to gather information from and communicate with important third party customers
- You definitely don’t need finance experience but you must be willing and motivated to learn
- You are passionate about social or environmental issues.
We have an ambitious mission to change the world so we hope to lead by example with a diverse and inclusive team that reflects the world we want to see.
What we offer
Flexibility – We’re remote-first but have collaborative working spaces in Bristol and London. You have the choice to do what works for you. We just ask that for one day each month, we all come together for hack innovation days.
Health and wellness support – We provide private health insurance, which offers a 24hr private GP, access to mental-health services and more. We also provide a generous monthly wellness budget to spend on Heka where you can get gym memberships, massages and healthy food deliveries.
Autonomy – Our roles can be busy and demanding, so we’ve committed as a team to be available to one another between 10am and 3pm. Outside of those hours, you can structure your time as you wish.
33 days holiday – These include Bank Holidays, but outside of Christmas you can take Bank Holidays off at your discretion. If you prefer to work those days and save the holiday for another time, that’s fine by us.
A generous share scheme – Making us all owners of Tumelo and beneficiaries of our collective success.
Continuous learning – Tumelo offers each team member a personal development coach and an education budget to support your knowledge, expertise and growth.
- Application. We believe a list of places you’ve worked isn’t fully representative of your ability to fulfil a role, so alongside submitting your CV we’ll ask you a couple of role-specific questions so you can highlight your experience.
- First interview: All about you and your career to date.
- Second Interview: This one’s a little more technical, alongside a short task to complete
- Third Interview: A final chat with our CEO, Georgia.