Royal Greenwich is a vibrant borough, with a rich history and diverse community. We’re proud of the work we do to serve our residents.
We have a vision of a happier, healthier and more connected borough. To achieve this, we’re investing heavily in our digital services and we’ve published our first ever digital strategy. It’s what shapes what we’re working on for the coming years and beyond.
It’s an exciting time to join us. We’re searching for people-focused digital, data and technology experts to join our team. We’re focused on improving services for our residents and making our borough truly digital. There’s plenty of opportunity for you to help shape our work.
As a Senior Delivery Manager you will manage one or more initiatives, working with a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team made up of digital people and others from across the council. You’ll be adept at delivering complex digital projects, guiding and mentoring more junior team members, and contributing to the delivery management community of practice.
You’ll lead on complex work, developing trusted relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across the council. You’ll put users at the centre of all you do and work with senior leaders to help them navigate tricky decisions.
You will be role modelling the best of agile delivery and act as an ambassador of the benefits of iterative working. You will be building roadmaps and backlogs, enabling high quality delivery in product teams and delivery community, and be at the heart of problem solving. You’ll be far more passionate about getting things done than doggedly sticking to one set of tools or methods.
As Senior Delivery Manager, you’ll take a key role in the delivery community across the council, setting standards and role modelling working in the open, team-led governance, continuous learning and iteration based on feedback.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver products and services using adaptive ways of working, learning & iterating frequently
- Work with others like product managers and others to define the roadmap for a product or service
- Manage product and project budgets
- Represent the team at people allocation sessions
- Lead a collaborative, dynamic planning process, prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- help to create an open and trust-based environment, which enables a focus on delivery and facilitates continuous improvement
- Matrix-manage a multidisciplinary team, ensuring high levels of team health and open communication
- Work closely with stakeholders to negotiate elements of work, acting as an ambassador
- Mentor and coach more junior members of the team
Who You Are
We want to hear from people with skills in:
- building and maintaining motivated teams, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards
- protecting the team and making sure there is a culture of collaboration, communication and focus on what is most important
- coach team members and others, facilitate continuous improvement and apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques for their environment
- proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles and get the best value against constraints
- work as part of a Delivery Management team to ensure good practice is consistently applied across all builds at all stages
You Should Be
We are looking for people who share our values and principles:
- naturally curious – you keep on top of your own learning and development and are up to date with the latest techniques and trends in your field
- an advocate for user-centered practices, embedded within agile delivery
- able to explain complex technical concepts in plain language
- committed to improving residents’ lives and opportunities
- demonstrating respect and fairness
- taking ownership
- doing things better
- working together across the council
These values are incredibly important to us, as is building an environment that promotes knowledge, empathy, equality, and skill sharing.
Please keep reading:
At Royal Borough of Greenwich, we want our staff to thrive professionally. We are a business that that recognises and supports transferable skills and ambition.
So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you’d be a good fit.
We are passionate about creating a diverse workforce and positively encourage applications from under-represented communities. We embrace equality of opportunity irrespective of disability, neurodivergence, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, gender and gender presentation, marital status, sexual orientation, culture, and religion.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will ensure that disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview.
What we offer
- 28 days’ annual leave
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Mental health support, including an external counselling service
- Pension scheme
- Long service awards
- Learning and development opportunities, including apprenticeships
- Staff networks for mental health, LGBTQ+ support, racial equality and more
- Vouchers for free eye tests
- Annual season ticket loans
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Reduced-rate gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Greenwich One Card which entitles you to discounts at local businesses
Talk to us or ask any questions
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Sarah Carter; either by email email@example.com or by booking a chat
If you require any assistance in viewing or accessing this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020-8921-8977
Diversity Statement: Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
High Volume Applications: Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
Advert Close: All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated.
Salary: Salaries advertised are for a standard working week of 35 hours unless otherwise stated. Please use this ‘Salary Calculator to help you calculate a pro rata salary.
Our Staff Values: Our Staff Values are important to us. Candidates will be continuously assessed against our staff values throughout the recruitment process. Where candidates demonstrate views and behaviours that do not meet the standards of our staff values, we reserve the right to reject their application/ registration.