Company: Facebook App
Country: United Kingdom
Production Engineers at Meta are hybrid software/systems engineers who ensure that Meta’s services run smoothly and have the capacity for future growth. They are embedded in every one of Facebook’s product and infrastructure teams, and are core participants in every significant engineering effort underway in the company.Our team members come with varying levels of experience and diverse backgrounds. Relevant industry experience is important (Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Network Engineer, Database Administrator or similar role), but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. We sail into uncharted waters every day at Meta in Production Engineering, and we are always learning.This position is full-time.
Production Engineer – DataStores DevInfra Responsibilities:
- Own the end-to-end reliability and scalability of the platforms, services, and products built on top of Meta’s underlying infrastructure and network.
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug the hardest problems, on some of the largest and most complex systems in the world.
- Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for live service incidents.
- Partner alongside the best engineers in the industry on the coolest stuff around, the code and systems you work on will be in production and used by billions of users all around the world.
- 4+ years experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g., PHP, Python, C++, Rust or Java).
- 4+ years experience building, maintaining, and debugging production services/platforms such as cloud infrastructure, load balancers, relational databases, and messaging systems.
- 4+ years experience with software development, frameworks and APIs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Depth of understanding in an areas such as operating systems or TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Experience with distributed web-scale & Data systems
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.