What we’re looking for from you…
You will be an experienced Interaction Designer who can:
- Create user-centred design patterns.
- Understand user needs and how to design services that meet them.
- Create and iterate prototypes to test and communicate ideas.
- Work with senior designers, user researchers and front-end developers to turn concepts into user-centred design and explain design decisions and how they were impacted by user research.
- Welcome the constructive criticism of your work and be able to constructively review the work of others.
- Ensure that design work is consistent, both internally and with the rest of GOV.UK.
- Contribute to the wider community of designers in the department and government.
- Support and mentor less experienced colleagues in your profession.
Essential Skills and Experience:
You’ll have demonstrable skills and experience of:
- Championing user research and making decisions that meet user needs.
- Using variety methods of prototyping.
- Interpreting the needs of technical and business stakeholders and managing their expectations.
- Generating multiple solutions to a problem and testing them.
- You have experience of working in agile, including an awareness of agile tools and how to use them.
- You can contribute to the work of others and have the ability to motivate teams.
Appointments may be made to candidates in merit order based on location preferences.